Charley and Debra Banning, from Annandale, VA are BSA Merit Badge Counselors for Horsemanship. They are avid riders and enthusiastic coaches who have led scouts safely through the skills, rules and horsemanship academics. Debra is a mother of an Eagle Scout and a wife of a Unit Commissioner, and is extremely familiar with the scout program and its ideals.
Here at the stables, we have a designated area to accommodate units for overnight camping and a picnic shelter for meetings and meals. We also have plenty of Hiking trails and a fire pit available. Though we can provide bathroom facilities we do not offer showers. The cost for use of our camping area is $5.00 per camper per night.
Merit Badge workshop is $5.00 per Scout to complete all written and on hands participation
Trail rides for Scouts and Chaperones will be 1 1/2 hours long and will include all requirements needed to complete the riding skills needed for the completion of the Merit Badge including Trotting. Pricing is $60.00 per rider.
We hope you will consider joining the many other troops who have enjoyed our beautiful surroundings and facilities while learning about horsemanship and earning their Merit Badges.
- Reservations are required in advance.
- Children must be 7 years of age to ride.
- All participants must be under the weight of 240 lbs to ride.
- Waivers must be signed by all parents of the children and be presented the day of the ride.
- Waivers can be e-mailed to your troop leader.
- A credit card is required to hold all reservations.